Thursday, October 2, 2014

surprise

As mentioned in my previous post, I have never had a surprise anything before. I am too nosy to be surprised, I guess. But this time, J and our friends at work were able to throw a surprise baby shower for me! Honestly, I didn't have any clue. 

J told me and Kid #1 that we will be having a staycation at a local hotel the next day. That is just fine. Nothing unusual since we have already talked about that several times given how Kid #1 loves staying at hotels. 

So we went to the hotel, with me hoping that I can just lounge and do nothing but eat and sleep. Just as we've stepped in to the room, I told J that I will change into my jammies and officially start the staycation. He told me not to and to just have some pictures taken first. Ok, fine. Whatever. Then somebody knocked on the door and J asked me to open it. My wild guess is that it's a surprise delivery (purse? jewelry? hehehe). But still, I told J I am too lazy and heavy to get off the bed to open the door, can't you just open the door yourself? 

So there, entered our work friends. Greeting me with all smiles while holding the balloons and stuff -- the food, decors and gifts!!!! Awwww...... Just scroll below for some of the pictures. 

I had the sapin-sapin saved for me. Hehe.  They had the cake custom-made . 

These are our well-meaning friends. Honestly, I've met a some of them, I guess, twice? They have more interactions with J. But still they care enough to throw a party for me. 



With the guys

I didn't even have my brows and lipstick on! 





So thankful for these people. For the effort, time and money spent. I wasn't expecting anything, really. Though it is customary here to throw showers, I did not expect to have one for me because, I was not really into those. I know what it takes to have something like that. Even I, I've barely participated to showers. But having experienced people getting out of their way to make you feel special, well, it really made me feel special.

So, thank you. THANK YOU. You made my heart swell.




No comments: