Wednesday, October 29, 2014

review: 100% Pure's Fruit Pigmented Lip Glaze Watermelon

I am a lipstick, lip gloss, lip balm, lip shimmer, lip-whatever-kind-of person. I have tubes of those products that I have only used once or twice. Why do I keep buying? Because.

I don't usually wear make up and the eye brows and lips are the only parts of my face that I can confidently put products on, on a daily basis. If I have something on them, I already feel made up.

And we all know that lip products are either a hit or miss. You have to buy it and try it to truly determine if it's going to work for you (unless you're comfortable on trying the testers at the store). Amongst all those that I have tried, these are the memorable ones:


DuWop Lip Venom (ca 2000):
image: DuWop


The Body Shop's Lipstick (only using it for occasions wherein I have to appear to be truly made up), I forgot the exact shade but it's reallyyy RED:



Skin Food Tomato Jelly Lip Tint (just found out that they are still available up until now!):



Kiehl's Lip Balm #1.
image: Kiehl's


All of which I can't seem to find in Skin Deep database. 

And the latest that I have been using for about a year now is the Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Spicy Honey and Black Honey.

image: Clinique


I have also bought Clinique's Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Strawberry but as usual, didn't work out fine.

image: Clinique


Clinique's Almost Lipstick works fine with me, specially the Spicy Honey. Although Black Honey has a lot of rave reviews, I find it too dark for me for everyday use. But I see it is a good Fall/Autumn shade. 

And since, I have been reading about organic/non toxic products, I decided to try 100% Pure's Fruit Pigmented Lip Glaze Watermelon,

image: 100% Pure


I ordered it together with the Honey Almond Nourishing Body Cream. And came with sample products in sachets: shampoo and 2 other nourishing cream of which I gave to somebody else to try on to. 

I first used it when I attended a wedding. The color is rich and the feel is creamy and non-drying. However, the stain didn't last long and and it clumped on my lips. Again, maybe it's just my lips or pregnancy hormones. Our body chemistry reacts distinctively with each product. It doesn't mean that we'll have the same results so you have to try it yourself to see how it's going to work for you. Given, it didn't deliver the way I have expected it. But I still think it's a keeper and I plan to use it in replacement of the Body Shop Lipstick. I find the shade too festive for everyday use so I will use it on need-to-be-fully-made-up-occasions. I don't want to buy a tamer shade for everyday use because the price is a bit too expensive for me at C$22. 

I have bought 2 lip balm from Burt's Bees last week and I have been using it alternately for days now. I will write a review too after a couple more weeks but I am loving it, I want to buy another shade. At $8 a piece, not bad.

No comments: