Saturday, October 4, 2014

baby stuff: bathing and skin care

You know, sometimes, I get tired of looking into baby stuff? Spending time researching the best products to use, reading all about it, comparing products, debating with myself how far should go ... ? It's exhausting. Though, it's a good thing to know about these and that there are LOTS of sources to be familiar with these health stuff,  I know I can't be a full blast dedicated organic earth friendly person. And I am okay with that. I'll just have to do with what I can do.

One of the baby stuff that recently dived into is the area of skin care. They say the skin is the largest organ so we should be very cautious on what we put on our skin. Well, I think I have been for quite some time. But not really what you call "strictly" into it. I buy products that I believe is less toxic than the others. But I haven't reached the point of researching each ingredient in it or calling the company/manufacturer to really inquire about their ingredients/sources.

There are lots of option for toxic free and baby safe skin care (even for adults), one just have to google. My work friend is teasing me the other day, why don't I just use the regular store bought baby products. Anyway, I won't be able to sustain to keep on using those toxic free products on the baby. I jokingly told her,  I will use the regular products on to the new baby maybe after a year. Maybe by then his young body can handle the toxins. She told me, why not introduce it right away so he can adjust easily? I just smiled.

There are websites that I found credible and those are ones that I constantly consult with, they are in my Useful Links page. I read about their recommendations and ratings. And I would like to believe that they know what they are talking about.

After all that reading and deciding which products to use, the next hurdle is to see if those are available in Canada.

You see, my poor assumption before, is that, Canada and US are like sister countries. And since (almost) everything is available in US, I assume that it is also readily available in Canada. Right? Well, no. Some companies do not have a Canadian store and do not ship products in Canada. But as they say, seek and you shall find. I found Canadian retailers that offer those products that I would like to try. I just compare prices and shipping fees to see which is cheaper.

And below are those products. I got all of them from Well.ca. I got the photos of the products from their respective websites. You can click on the photo and it will redirect you their specific website, if you want more information.


Shampoo and Body Wash


Baby Lotion 


Diaper Cream


Sunscsreen
(will be used on Kid #1, too) 



I also bought sample/travel size of these ones. So that I can see and try why they have good recommendations too. 


Shampoo and Body Wash 


Body Cream


Natural Soap


I am hoping I can do my own review on these products. I have tried "organic" products before (remember, A'kin?), And if I remember it right, they are not really like the regular products that I am accustomed of using. Like they are not that bubbly or soapy as I expected it to be. So, we'll see. But don't expect my reviews to be "scientific". My review will surely be superficial and just in comparison with the regular store products, you know. 





No comments: