Monday, October 27, 2014

home improvement: drawer organization

I'm not an organized person. You can ask my mother and my husband. In fact, I am a self proclaimed disorganized person. I remember telling my mother not to touch my stuff and to not organized them because I wouldn't be able to find things that way.

But maybe it's the magic of pregnancy or finally I am maturing (old?), but as I have posted earlier, I want to organized everything in the house. 

So I'm posting my first attempt. This is the drawer by the sink. We don't have an office space. This drawer houses all the pens, elastics, notepads, receipts and everything else. 


Has been a catch all drawer. I think I got about 2 spoonfuls of crumbs from here. Don't know where that came from. And after I have organized it, J said he didn't think we have those socket plugs anymore. So he got almost of them and put them in the sockets that we don't usually use. 

And here it is now:



Yay for me! I have thrown away most of the boxes in the house just a couple of weeks back. Just when I thought I wouldn't need them. These are the remaining cereal and cookie boxes that I have found, and I ran out of cereal boxes for the elastics so I just put them in inside a large safety pin. That way they are all still together. 

I am not sure if I should put everything in their little boxes. And I don't think they will fit in the drawer. I still wanted to put the push pins inside here but we'll see. 

I'm sure this will still change when I'll get to see the contents of the other drawers. I believe the groupings will change. Because, honestly, our stuff is everywhere. Some drawers are overflowing and some are underused. My plan is not just to organize but to maximize space as well. I hope I can do those planned tasks during my Mat Leave. 

One down, 69 more to go. 

No comments: