Friday, October 31, 2014

review: 100% Pure's Honey Almond Nourishing Body Cream

I recently bought this body cream or lotion or moisturizer from 100% Pure upon the recommendation of one of the organic/non toxic blogs that I have been reading. I am always in the look out for great non toxic beauty products, don't ask why, and I am willing to try anything as long as my budget permits.



But first let me share what other products I have tried before this.

We have been using Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion (J is loyal to this) for the longest time and it's working just fine with me. It scored 5 in Skin Deep, with a 10 on PropylParaben, 8 on Fragrance, and 7 on DMDM Hydantoin (formaldehyde releaser).



I also have the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (score: 4, with a 5 for Benzyl Alcohol and 4 for Petrolatum) but I am finding it really hard to apply.



As I have said I have tried Body Shop's Body Butter but I only liked the Almond. Last time I checked, Almond is not being offered anymore (But I checked today and it's back on stock!!!!), I have tried the Shea, Mango and Honey Mania. And half jar of the latter is still sitting on my dresser for about a year now. They all scored 6, because of the paraben ingredients and fragrances.



The Curel Moisture Lotion Daily Moisture Lotion for Dry Skin, Original (scored 4 because of paraben, fragrance and petrolatum) works fine with my skin too.

image: Curel Canada


I have tried Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme but I didn't like the smell and how it felt on my skin. I think I have only used it twice. I can't seem to find it in the Skin Deep database, though.



I still have my first travel tube of L'Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream in my bag (scored 7: paraben, alcohol, fragrance).



The Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion I have on my desk works wonder on my hands. I have been using for about a year now at the office and I am liking it. I will be buying a bigger size and will try it as a whole body lotion. It scored 2 overall on EWG with a 5 on Benzyl Alcohol as the ingredient with highest concern.


image: Aveeno Canada


Back to 100% Pure's Honey Almond Nourishing Body Cream. It scored 2 on EWG's Skin Deep database so it is safe and natural. I have been using it daily for about 3 weeks now. I chose the almond because I really loved the soft scent of Body Shop's Almond Body Butter. And 100% Pure's almost smells the same way. The consistency is thick and I really have high hopes for this product.

It came in easy to squeeze container and is also easy to apply. I must say it really moisturizes my skin. But sadly, only for a few minutes. Maybe it is my skin, maybe it's the pregnancy hormone making my skin really, really dry, maybe it's the weather here in Canada. But I don't think this is the right body moisturizer for me. My skin feels okay after applying it but immediately feels parched after just a few minutes of applying. As if I haven't applied any at all. It's not even winter yet, we are still above the normal fall temperature so I guess I shall stop using this for now and use it again come summer. Hopefully I can write a more favorable review when that time comes.


No comments: