Friday, February 26, 2016

a first: 1 of 2

It was spring like last Friday. And I am running late again for my carpool. I saw her already parked outside so I hurried my way out of the house. I was walking faster than I normally do (can't say I was running because I know I can't run he he he). I've walked way past half the entire walkway when ... babam! I found myself flat on the ground.

I slipped and hit my tailbone hard on the ground. Train of thoughts: (1) Damn, this coat is expensive (2) Tsk, my cashmere scarf, it might get a snarl from this ice.

Immediately I tried to get up but I can't. It was so painful. I wanted to cry but I don't know why I wasn't able to. Train of thoughts: (3) Am I going to die? (4) Oh God, I have kids, they're still young (5) There are still a couple of online shopping stuff that will be delivered and I am already dead..?

My coworker by then had got out of the car and was now trying to help me. I dialed Jason and let my coworker talked to him. Next thing I know, my father in law was helping me get up and later told me that I was so pale. True enough, I really felt dizzy and thought I was going to black out. Good thing I was able to lie down again on the stairs and then on the couch before I did.

I didn't want to move my hips because it was painful. Not sure if I've broken anything, I don't want to take the risk of worsening it. We called 911 so that I can be put on a stretcher on the way to the hospital. But.... when the paramedics came, they checked me out: numbness, tingling, headache -- all No's. Checked my vital signs, all okay. So walk I went, out of the house (assisted, of course), climbed the ambulance, lie on the stretcher and off to the hospital.

Medical is free, yes. But one has to wait. There were lots of patients and they seem to be more of an urgent case than me. Thankfully after 5 hours of waiting, the results are all okay.  The x-ray showed I have not broken any bone and based on physical check up, I don't have any concussion. I don't  really remember hitting my head (not unless I hit my head really bad and I have totally forgot about that).

The doctor just told me to get OTC pain reliever. I even asked if it's okay to take stool softener and he said not a a bad idea.

All weekend I was just resting, didn't even get out of the house. I took the pain reliever and stool softener just for the weekend. Right now, I'm off all medications. It is still painful when I get up, sit down and bend. But otherwise, I'm good. I can walk. I can sleep and I can sit. It's just painful when I use that group of mucles/bones.

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, I didn't do yoga on Monday. Probably wont even after a month. What a bummer.

No comments: