Tuesday, February 9, 2016

10

Woo hoo!

I did it! Kinda! Ha ha ha!

Last Sunday was my last day for this 4 week diet program better body system that I got myself into. But since Friday, I kind of started to slip away from it. Cheated here and there but not cheat like in a big way. Well, the program is not asking one to be hungry, it's just that, I kind of indulged a wee bit. Like, I wasn't supposed to eat this group of food and I kind of munched a couple of coconut macaroons (Coconut is good, milk is okay. It was the refined sugar that is a no-no).

Anyway, after 4 weeks, I weighed myself today, and I lost 10 lbs.! Hurray for me! Woo hoo!

I'm still 20 lbs. away from my target weight. But to be realistic, if I lost another 10 lbs., I would be very, very glad.

I'm still kind of continuing the program but not strictly. Like I'm having fruits everyday now. Whereas with the program, I am only allowed during Meal Days (Days 3, 5 and 7). I can say that I am now on the trying-to-stay-below-the-1200-calories-per-day diet, hoping to lose some more pounds.

For transparency, the program is Yoli Better Body System. I bought it.The Transformation Kit (T-Kit) will include protein shake, a juice (which I think is equivalent of coffee), alkalizing capsules and digestive capsules (no, it did not alter my regular bowel habit) enough for four weeks. If you search the net you will find amazing testimonies of people who are into this program. But if you search more you will also find studies and comparisons about how effective/ineffective this is. You can also read about acidity/ph level/alkalinity.

Honestly, before I bought this, I did not research that much. Was this a waste of money? I can't tell, I lost weight. Would I lose the same weight even if I just followed the diet plan, without buying the T-Kit? I don't know. But since I'm done with the program, I am only taking now the alkalizing capsules and still trying to follow the recommended diet plan, I will know if I will keep shedding the weight. They are not really trying to pass on as a Diet Program, because diets don't work. It is supposed to be a healthy lifestyle program, and lifestyle change works. But for my sake, let's just call it diet, okay?

I believe, anybody can still use their program without buying the kit. Maybe you can try the Military Diet Plan. It is somewhat similar to this. But below is the weekly diet plan that I did, I just removed their proprietary products (the juice and capsules). The main rule of the diet is to eat protein that is the equivalent of half of your weight and to drink water equivalent of half of that weight.

For example, if you're 160 lbs., you divide it by 2, so that's 80. So everyday, the goal is to eat 80 gm of protein and 80 oz of water. For meals or menus, just search the net and you'll find lots of options. And download the my fitness pal app, it is a helpful tool.

Side note:
Last night, I was having frozen yogurt as my dinner (plain greek yogurt, natural organic almond butter, organic vegan brownie, blueberries, some nuts and seeds, agave nectar) and it looked yummy, But it wasn't (Even I did not like it, I'm not having it again). Kid #1 wanted to try it and he did. I told him it wasn't good. After washing his mouth (inside out!) because it tasted awful for him, he told me this: I feel sorry for you, Mommy, that you have to eat that food.

There you go.

P.S. If you want to try the Yoli  BBS T-Kit, let me know, I can help you get one.


The Daily Meal Plan
(one can start any day, I mean Day 1 doesn't have to be on Monday, this just what works best with me) 
Day 1 - Monday
Protein Day
Day 2 - Tuesday
Protein Day
Day 3 - Wednesday
Meal Day
Day 4 - Thursday
Protein Day

Breakfast
Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast
1 Protein Shake 1 Protein Shake 1 Protein Shake and fruit 1 Protein Shake
Mid-morning snack Mid-morning snack Mid-morning snack Mid-morning snack
2-4 oz protein 2-4 oz protein 2-4 oz protein 2-4 oz protein
Lunch Lunch Lunch (500-600 calories) Lunch
2-4 oz protein 2-4 oz protein complex carb, 4-6 oz of protein  2-4 oz protein
and vegetables and fruit 
Mid-late afternoon snack Mid-late afternoon snack Mid-late afternoon snack Mid-late afternoon snack
2-4 oz protein 2-4 oz protein 2-4 oz protein and veggies  2-4 oz protein
Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner
1 Protein Shake 1 Protein Shake 1 Protein Shake 1 Protein Shake
Day 5 - Friday
Meal Day
Day 6 - Saturday
Protein Day
Day 7 - Sunday
Meal Day
Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast
1 Protein shake and fruit 1 Protein Shake 1 Protein shake and fruit
Mid-morning snack Mid-morning snack Mid-morning snack
2-4 oz protein 2-4 oz protein 2-4 oz protein
Lunch (500-600 calories) Lunch Lunch (500-600 calories)
complex carb, 4-6 oz of protein  2-4 oz protein complex carb, 4-6 oz of protein 
and vegetables and fruit  and vegetables and fruit 
Mid-late afternoon snack Mid-late afternoon snack Mid-late afternoon snack
2-4 oz protein and veggies  2-4 oz protein 2-4 oz protein and veggies 
Dinner Dinner Dinner
1 Protein shake  1 Protein Shake 1 Protein shake 

No comments: