Thursday, August 5, 2010

hello, stranger

i admire those OFWs really. i've already admired them when i used to watch wowowee and cried when they tell their stories. but now that i am here in another country, leaving my family behind, i can almost feel what the OFWs have to go through just to give their family a better chance in life.

i know my story is so much different from them and it is nothing compared to what they have to go through. but in terms of homesickeness, i guess we are on the same page.

even if i am with jason and aquim, i am still homesicked. i don't know. maybe i still need more time. how much more? afraid.

i really don't know if i want to cope. i don't want to not miss them. but i want to have a "new" happy and normal life here.

yes, i think of the philippines and my family back there every hour of the day, and it scares me that i am letting my day here go by without appreciating it, without even noticing it.

right now, i am missing one country while being a stranger in another. what scares me the most is, i'll end up being a stranger in both countries.
.
.

No comments: